Monday, January 28, 2008

let's see how this works...

I suppose I'm going to try this again. I was always told it's dangerous to keep a blog...but what the heck? Just don't put bad stuff in it and it will be fine, right? We'll see. If I hear anything from anyone...it's over. People seem to always have something to say about everything!

Let's see...I've been teaching for 3 total weeks. This is the start of week 4. It's Monday and I don't like Mondays. On Sunday nights I always have dreams of not being prepared enough and having to run around looking for things for kids to do. I am under so much stress at my job. I'm a long term substitute, which means that my contract only goes until the end of the semester and at that point they decide whether or not I can come back for the next year. Therefore, my job is to impress EVERYONE. It's so hard. I'm pretty sure that I've been doing a good job of that so far, but I feel overwhelmed at times. I feel like if I don't have a good lesson someone (being one of my students) will tell their teacher and that teacher will tell the wrong person and then I'll be in trouble. I doubt that my students would do that...but what if? Surely there's not a kid that knows what you're supposed to know when you get into college. Not that I HAVE bad lessons or anything...just what if I do something wrong? Every teacher messes up. That was something I learned in student teaching. Sometimes the people I was student teaching with would say something and I would think, 'We were told NOT to say that in college...' , and then the more I observed and taught myself, the more I know that what happened in college and what I learned in college sometimes gets thrown out the window. Teaching is the hardest, most fun thing I've ever done in my life. I feel like I've grown so much in the past (almost) month and if I grow that much as a person in that little of time, imagine what will happen in the years to come.

Alright, I'm done. The bell rang and I have to go watch my students in the hallway.

Have a great day! We'll see how much I update this thing...maybe I can get to several times a day like my Brandy!!!

1 comment:

Biddy said...

i'm telling you...Musical Monday is a friggin great idea...